Blayson® and Stoner® offer a full range of pattern wash and release agents together with other purpose-designed chemicals to support the investment casting industry.
Trisol® is a degreasing agent that helps removing mould release agents from the wax patterns very quickly. Compared to traditional solvents, Trisol 60 Plus is environmentally friendly. It is odour neutral and non-flammable.
- Excellent cleaning and rinsing properties.
- Should be used undiluted in an immersion tank.
- Free of harmful aromatics – no odour.
- Does not damage the ozone layer.
A high purity silicone mould release agent presented in aerosol format.
Can pressure and nozzle design are optimized for wax injection systems, providing the ideal spray laydown pattern.
Ultrasol 700 is a unique cleaning solvent formulated from lower health-hazard materials. It is the ideal safer replacement for dangerous cleaners based on halogenated hydrocarbons and aromatic solvents. By using only lower-hazard substances we ensure that Ultrasol 700 is safer for people, the environment, and materials.
- Excellent cleaning performance.
- Contains no harmful aromatics such as xylene or halogenated hydrocarbons such as dichloroethane.
- Lower hazard product has a minimal environmental impact.
- Low surface tension – better penetration of blind holes.
- Leaves no residue after drying
Stoner® E333® No Wash Pattern Release (aerosol) has been formulated as a release agent for wax patterns used in the investment casting process.
Advantages of using Stoner® E333®:
- Fast: it eliminates the pattern washing operation. After moulding, your wax patterns can go directly to primary slurry dipping – without cleaning, washing, or etching.
- Economical: it eliminates expensive cleaning solvents and disposal. Provides fast, easy removal of patterns, even with the most intricate design.
- No flow lines that often occur from over-applying silicone sprays.
Compatible with soluble waxes.
A major Investment Casting moulder of sophisticated parts made the switch away from silicone wax pattern release by using Stoner® E333® “no wash” wax pattern release, and saved time and money:
- They saved 1.5 to 2 minutes per part when eliminating the wash/etch process. This resulted in a yearly savings of 1,625 hours a year.
- It eliminated the need to handle and monitor and be responsible for water treatment from their solvent pattern wash.
- It allowed them to free up space for other manufacturing and warehouse needs.
- There was no loss of integrity with their finished parts, and in some cases, they saw improvement.
Stoner® E412® Wax Pattern Release has also been formulated as a release agent for wax patterns used in the investment casting process. It provides fast, easy, consistent removal of patterns, even with the most intricate design. It is compatible with soluble waxes.
Moulders select E412® Silicone Wax Pattern Release (aerosol) because:
- Reduces pattern defects caused by sticking and leaves a high-quality surface finish.
- Reliable and consistent spray pattern.
- Just one coat yields multiple releases.
- Formulated to provide high levels of user and environmental safety; contains no Class I (CFC) or Class II (HCFC) Ozone Depleting Substances
- Contains no chlorinated solvents.
- Colourless and non-staining.